There are a few stationery subscriptions services about but they tend to be fairly girly/cutesy, so there’s definitely space in the market for a more unisex version out there and I think Moustache Stationery may just have nailed it. They were kind enough to send me their first box to review, so here’s what was inside.
Moustache Stationery is run by stationery lovers James and Simone. Here’s what’s inside their first collection:
- Letterpress Moustache Greetings card (made in collaboration with Cerulean Press)
- 2 x Flightbook Memo Books. These a very cool. I knew there would be a memo book in there somewhere, as I know the guys are pretty into Field Notes, and I’m impressed that they found a rare type. I wonder if this is what the entire theme was based around… The front and back covers are packed with flight reference info like plane types, the radiotelephony alphabet, speed conversion charts and plenty more geekery.
- Caran D’Ache Swiss Wood Pencil
- Caran D’Ache Eraser
- Tombow PFit Ballpoint Pen. Very cute and clever! The button on the end pushes out the nib, as you might expect, but then the clip on the side doubles as the release catch.
- Pilot Petit Fountain Pen. SO cute! I can’t believe I’ve not seen these before. And in a fine nib 👌
- 3 x Notecard with Letterpress Moustache detail – see below
Pretty good first attempt right?! I’m impressed. These guys clearly know their stuff, and I think basing it around a theme really worked. It’s $39.95 a month, including shipping worldwide (you can sign up here). That’s about £26. I think this is fairly pricey and quite a lot to commit to every month, but when you see the work that’s been put in, I think it’s justifiable as a treat every now and then… I’m definitely interested to see what they do next!
You can get $10 off you first order, using the code TESSA, you lucky things.